Kawaii African American Girl Glass Ring
Kawaii Madison the Hispanic Girl Chibi Glass Ring
Kawaii Panda Double-Sided Globe Glass Pendant
Banzai Chicks Organic Lip Balm
Sandra makes a sweet assortment of handmade goods featuring her cute characters like necklaces, rings, magnets, t-shirts and more.
- What is your name? My name is Sandra Chang-Adair.- Where are you from? I am originally from Los Angeles, but I recently moved to Las Vegas.
- What do you make? I am the creator of Banzai Chicks, a brand geared towards girls and women. Banzai Chicks is a group of martial arts girls that fight lethargy and apathy while inspiring girls to pursue their ambitions in life. I make handmade jewelry, magnets and t-shirts with my artwork. I sell them through my Etsy store and at comic book conventions. I am a graphic designer, illustrator and martial artist. I do everything myself, from the artwork to the jewelry (except I got the t-shirts silk-screened professionally), I also designed and coded the Banzai Chicks website. My best selling items are my interchangeable magnetic rings and necklaces. I make swappable glass lids so you can change out the art.
- How long have you been making it? I first launched Banzai Chicks in 2010 at the San Diego Comic-con and had a great response.
- What inspires you? What inspired me initially was Tokidoki. The artwork was so cute, but the merchandise was too expensive, so I thought I should make my own. I love kung fu and I currently study at Shaolin Kung Fu Chan in Las Vegas, a school run by a 32nd Generation Shaolin monk. I have been studying martial arts since 1993 and have a 2nd degree black belt in Budoshin Ju Jitsu, a first degree black sash in Northern Eagle Claw, and certifications from Beijing Tai-Chi and Kung Fu Academy (in LA) in Traditional Kung Fu and Kung Fu Weapons. I love the fact that women can achieve whatever they set out to do in life, given the right direction and moral support. Banzai Chicks is a culmination of my love of art, kung fu and graphic design.
- What is your website address/contact info?